Ensuring Certified Cars for Sri Lanka
To maintain its reputation, Car Hub Japan provides used Japanese vehicles that are certified and inspected by known inspection agencies, recommended by the regulating authorities of the importing country. These inspection agencies fully inspect the vehicle before shipment and grant it with the certificate ensuring the quality of vehicle.
For Sri Lanka JAAI certification is required by the regulatory authorities of the country.
The Japan Auto Appraisal Institute or JAAI was built up in 1966 under the endorsement of the Ministry of International Trade and Industry. It is a non-profit association made to review used automobiles. JAAI has a system spread through 52 branches, in the 47 prefectures, of Japan. It is one of the main Japanese association to conduct export inspection of used vehicles.
This is a genuine association, whose capacity and decency has been profoundly assessed. JAAI has been confirmed as a quality investigation office for Japanese utilized autos, since 1967, by the Japanese government.
In Japan, quality of everything is kept high in the most noteworthy manner to live up to their repute among the purchasers around the globe. This is the reason Japanese JAAI had been built up. Over the period of 30 years, it had assessed more than 1.8 million used autos in Japan. JAAI is performing an indispensable role in ensuring trust among Japanese used vehicle importers, with respect to the nature of the vehicle they are bringing in.
Vehicle inspections at JAAI include:
- Functionality: To ensure safe driving in compliance with the safety regulations.
- Exterior appearance: No dimples or bumps that require panel work extending over an area greater than a quarter of the affected panel. Corrosion must be repaired (Repair work using aluminum foil tape, etc., is not acceptable). Any rusted or exposed surfaces must be painted.
- Interior appearance: The interior must be tidy without any excessive staining, etc. The size of any damage to the seat covers, interior walls, sealing, etc. must not exceed 10 cm for a passenger car, or 30 cm for a commercial or freight vehicle (Repair work using adhesive tape is not acceptable).
- The windshield has no cracks or breakage greater than 1 cm. Wiper blade scratches must not obstruct the visibility of the driver.
- The engine and other portion under the body must be cleanly washed. Rusted parts must be painted with chassis black.
- Tires must be in compliance with the safety regulations.
- The odometer must not be replaced or tampered.