L/C Documentation Services For Sri Lanka
In order to save the importers from paying any additional charges that may arise due to delays, Car Hub Japan ensures that the provisions of all documents is done without any delays.
L/C Regulations for Sri Lanka
Based on the Sri Lankan regulatory authorities’ instructions, following regulations must be followed:
1. All foreign exchange remittances should be made through L/C.
2. Letter of Credit must be established before the shipment of the goods.
The document requirements vary from bank to bank. Following are the documents that are most commonly required by the majority of banks in Sri Lanka:
- Import License Number
- Commercial Invoices manually signed
- Packing lists
- Insurance Policy or Certificate
- Certificate of Origin
- Other Documents as per the policy of the Bank
Shipping Guarantee Costs
0.3% of the Invoice Value (Minimum LKR 2500)
0.375% of the Invoice Value (Minimum LKR 5000)
Delivery Orders: LKR 2500
The bank, imports value of good, and type of L/C play a major role when it comes to the cost of opening an L/C. The L/C charges range is: 0.05% to 0.5% of the Value.